**THE CLUB IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR IN-PERSON SESSIONS **
Due to the current Covid-19 UK national lockdown, the club is now closed for in-person sessions.
We hope to re-open as soon as possible, once restrictions allow.
Why not give fencing a try in a two-hour, 'taster session'? (over 16s only).
Our fencing taster session is designed to be a fun introduction to fencing. We assume that you have never fenced before, so no experience is needed, and it costs just £40 per person. Full advance payment is required.
You can book your session by clicking on a start date to the right, entering your booking details and completing your payment. A fencing taster session is a 'one-off' session lasting 2 hours.
Monday and Wednesday taster sessions start at 7.00pm and end at 9.00pm. Latecomers may not be admitted, this is at our discretion.
The nearest tube is Pimlico (5 mins walk) or you can also walk from Victoria (10 mins) or Vauxhall (15 mins). There are plenty of buses that run down Vauxhall Bridge Road, which is very close. For more venue information and directions, please click here.
For the session, you just need to wear trainers, a t-shirt, and tracksuit bottoms/leggings (shorts not allowed). All other equipment is provided. There are changing rooms and basic (school) showers at the venue (bring your own towel/toiletries). You should also bring a small bottle of water with you, and keep it with you during the session.
If you wear glasses/contact lenses, we recommend that you wear contact lenses (it's entirely possible to fence wearing glasses, but some care needs to be taken when putting on/taking off the mask).
Fencing is a mixed sport, so it's a great way to meet a wide range of new people, and many members socialise in a local pub after training sessions.
We hope to see you at Central London Fencing Club soon.
Booking terms & conditions:
- Dates are fixed. Please see the panel to the right-hand side for taster session dates.
- Beginner classes and taster sessions are for those aged over 16 years only.
- All classes are subject to minimum group sizes. We will contact you if this number has not been reached, when it will be possible to re-schedule for an alternative session.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, or those with pre-existing back and knee injuries.
- Full advance payment is required to book your place. Payment must be received in full no later than the first session.
- No refunds are given in any circumstances. The £40 fee is payable in full in advance of the session.
- CLFC accepts no responsibility for personal belongings whilst at the club. You should keep valuables in the fencing room with you.