**THE CLUB IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR IN-PERSON SESSIONS **
Due to the current Covid-19 UK national lockdown, the club is now closed for in-person sessions.
We hope to re-open the club for adults as soon as possible, once restrictions allow, which is likely to be mid-May 2021 (although some Covid-19 protocols may remain in place).
We are unable to hold any beginner classes for adults before September 2021.
ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY FENCING?
We offer 5-week fencing beginner classes for adults in central London. All equipment is provided, so you can learn fencing, improve your fitness, have fun, and meet new people!
We offer regular classes for adults covering the basics epee fencing. Fencing is a great form of exercise, and is fast and dynamic. We hope to introduce you to the exciting sport of fencing soon.
In your beginner class, you'll learn about the history of fencing, how to hold the sword, and will then start learning fencing bladework and footwork. You'll also learn attacking and defensive techniques in fencing.
The classes are conducted in groups, often with work in pairs (you don't need to bring a partner). Towards the end of the course you'll be able to have a full 'electric' match yourself!
We also socialise regularly in the pub after each fencing session, and we definitely encourage you to join us!
Our beginner fencing classes are held on either Monday evenings (5 consecutive Mondays) or Wednesday evening (5 consecutive Wednesdays), from 7pm-9pm. Please refer to the panel on the right for the next available start dates.
The cost for the 5-week course is £200 per person for approximately 10 hours of fencing, and you can book your class online. Advance booking is essential.
The evening starts with a warm-up, followed by lots of fencing footwork and bladework in pairs, with the class ending at 9pm. For the class, you'll need to wear trainers, a t-shirt, and tracksuit bottoms/leggings (shorts not allowed). All fencing equipment is provided.
There are changing rooms and basic showers at the venue (bring your own towel/toiletries), and you should bring a bottle of water with you.
If you wear glasses/contact lenses, we recommend that you wear contact lenses (it's entirely possible to fence wearing glasses, but some care needs to be taken when putting on/taking off the mask).
Fencing only requires an ordinary level of fitness. It will help to improve your stamina, flexibility, fitness and concentration. It's challenging, exciting, and great fun - so why not book today?
Fencing is a mixed sport, so it's a great way to meet a wide range of new people, and many members socialise in a local pub after training sessions.
Booking terms & conditions:
- Start dates/times are fixed. Please see the panel to the right-hand side for forthcoming start dates.
- All classes are subject to minimum group sizes. We will contact you if this number has not been reached, when it will be possible to re-schedule for an alternative class.
- Beginner classes and taster sessions are for those aged over 16 years only.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, or those with pre-existing back and knee injuries.
- Full advance payment is required to book your place. Payment must be received in full no later than the first session.
- No refunds are given in any circumstances. The £200 fee is payable in full, in advance, no matter how many sessions you attend.
- CLFC accepts no responsibility for personal belongings whilst at the club. You should keep valuables in the fencing room with you.